Thursday 23 April 2020

Dish washing saga

I started washing dishes some years back.
I was not keen for this household chore. For me it was troublesome and hectic. Moreover I use to get scolded by my mother a lot as she said I was wasting a lot more soap than required. This was actually true in many ways. I did use a lot of dishwash soap.

I day I was watching telly and I saw an advertisement of Lemon Max.

I really liked the tag line
"Aik chamach lemon max kholo
Aik time k saray bartan dho lo "

Which loosely translate to one spoonful lemon max mixed with water is enough to wash one time of dishes .

To me this idea seemed far fetched and I didn't actually believe in it for once.

But then came the time of the day when I had to do the dishes. I thought why not give it a try. I don't have anything to lose.  I mixed one spoonful of Lemon Max in a bowl of water and made some foam.
What surprised me was the most was that it actually worked and I was able to do all the dishes with a spoonful of soap. From that time onwards two things have happened. First my mom has stopped scolding me because I actually used less soap than her and secondly I have started to enjoy washing dishes  as I find it bit therapeutic.

I think this works for all washing up liquids. If you try this, do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment