Wednesday 22 April 2020

Mini cakes in Sandwich make



Mini cake in sandwich 

Some years back, my colleague told me that she made cakes in sandwich maker. It was a quite unique thing for me but i soon forgot about it as neither I had neither sweet-tooth nor sandwich maker. 
Fast forward to a few months back, my khala gave me a sandwich maker. I soon grow fond of this new gift and enjoyed making different sandwiches in that.
One day out of blue, I remembered my colleague my colleague and thought of sandwich maker mini cakes. I did not have the recipe so I searched for it on YouTube, my most favorite search engine.
To my surprise I found many recipes but the lazy lady in me wanted the easiest and the simplest one. I try only those recipes whose ingredients are available at my place.
I finally found the recipe on Tiffin Box YouTube channel. 

Ingredients are as follow:

  • Egg : 1
  • Sugar:1/4 cup
  • Flour: 1/2 cup
  • Milk: 2 Tblspn
  • Oil: 1/4 cups
  • Baking powder: 1/2 tsp
  • Vanilla essence: 1 tsp

I would recommend everyone who likes to cook or in particular baking, should invest in standard measuring cups and spoons (which I did not have that time). To overcome this, I used same cup to measure all the ingredients. First I whisked sugar and egg together as I did not have beater by my side. I was a good workout but after 10 mins of whisking and losing couple of calories , I had the most fluffiest of egg and sugar foam. Afterwards I added rest of the ingredients. I did not use vanilla essence, which to me did not really matter as due to whisking the egg smell was nearly all gone.
I put four table spoonful of batter on each side and cooked them. Recipe calls for 5 mins, however you should check your sandwich maker as each one has its own timing. I cooked them for 8-10 mins as I like crispy edges. I gave these cakes a marble look by taking a little batter and adding in a 2 tablespoon of milk with 1 tablespoon of coco powder

My mother and my little brother are my biggest critic and supporter. They both liked the cake.
So its mom approved.
Do give it a try.

Link to the recipe is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJp2iEIri3k

Enjoy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment